Sunday, August 1, 2010

More Inspiration Pages

In the few days that I've been gone, I've created 4 art journal pages. I know I've sort of been slacking on scrapbook pages, but I've decided that I'm going to focus on that this month, doing art journal pages in between. I signed up for a challenge on scrapbook.com called the Anything Goes Challenge and I hope that will encourage me to scrap more. I'm going to use my blog as a place to record the daily, weekly, and monthly challenges and that should help me blog more too! So let's get started with today's art journal pages. I'm not going to go into as much detail this time, but I'll still share pieces that I really liked about a particular page such as a color combo, a certain technique, a way I put something together, etc.

The first page is another page that has a quote on it, and, guess what, it's another TMNT quote. I know, I'm nuts, but I don't care! These are the things that inspire me, and I'm going to use them! The quote was something that Master Splinter said and it was: "Become One with the Shadows." I don't have the slightest idea why this gave me an idea for a page, but it did, and I like the finished product:



What I would like to share about this page is mostly the colors. I started out by thinking about the colors of the shadows; black, dark, dark, navy blue, etc. The yellow and white came about when I figured out that the page would be way, way, WAY too dark... I wouldn't even have been able to take a picture! And the pink letters were just because there was nothing else I had that would work! The technique that I would like to share with you about this page are the little white circles in the background. I actually started this page with a white base coat, then spread the dark blue on top. Then, using a wet baby wipe, I bunched up the bottom, plopped it down where I wanted a circle, and twisted. This was the effect it gave.



For this page I actually used the same technique as the previous one. Plopped down my baby wipe on wet paint and twisted to make little swirls. They actually remind me of comets for some reason. Might have to try a space page sometime. Hmmm. Anyways, the background was created by drizzling green, lime, and yellow paint directly onto the base sheet in my composition notebook and then scraping it around with an old gift card I just had lying around. The little 'flowers' are asterisks from a Thickers set with Stickles glitter glue in the middle and the capital "E" in 'have' is an upsidedown and flipped around '3.'



This next page is not my favorite page in the world. For real, it is one of my bottom pages. I had just received some fun goodies in the mail; Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Glimmer Mist and a bunch of stamps and some other ink pads. This was just me playing around with different techniques, trying to figure out how to make them work and finding interesting ways of using them. To start off this page, I painted the base white, then stamped an all over pattern with Pumice Stone Distress Ink. Then I Glimmer Misted the top. I layered torn and inked music sheet pieces, stamped some more images, then finished off the page with a title; the smaller letters are rubber stamps by Hero Arts and the bigger ones are unmounted acrylic stamps by Scrappy Cat.



The last page I have to share with you guys today is this one that reminds me a lot of christmas... and I know why!! The reason for this is because of the brown and the green; the colors of the christmas tree! This is a pretty simple page... lots of paint, layers, distressing, and stamping. With the darker brown circles around the stamped heart circles, that was me adhering the circles to the page with Mod Podge. I really like the way they turned out!

I definitely hope you were inspired by my pages, and hopefully I'll be back soon with some more and also some scrapbook pages!! See you soon!

~Jordan~

5 comments:

  1. You are a very talented young woman! Great job on these pages. My favorite is the "Become One" {I love TMNT}

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are on a roll! these are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the abstract look! You are really doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing a really great job with this! Love the baby wipe idea!

    ReplyDelete