Thursday, July 1, 2010

Hoping...

I applied to several different design teams recently, so I'm hoping that I'll get lucky! I have applied for different ones before, but have never been accepted. Wish me luck!

Anyways, the layouts I decided to share today aren't really new, but they haven't been posted before on the blog, so I thought I would share! I'm actually going to show you guys 5 layouts and a card. The card might be posted in my etsy shop, but even at the moment I have a bracelet and a necklace there. My etsy shop is found at www.jellybeansdesign.etsy.com and be sure to keep an eye out for new products. Coming back to the subject at hand, here are the projects:


First off, I'll do the card. This card was inspired by the stamp itself. Also, I love, love, love the colors pink and green together, because I think that it makes the project feel either feminine or spring - like. I did a lot of distressing on this card, both tearing and inking, which doesn't give it a worn look, but more, a softer, more feminine look.


The first layout is this one; titled BA*H. I'll tell you the truth... I've gotten a lot of comments on how clever it was to use the asterisk instead of a T, but if the whole truth was to be told, I actually ran out of the T in this color thickers and I was desperate! But it did end up fitting the whole bath theme anyways. This layout is actually one of my faves however, because of the distressed, layering look I've got going there in the corner. I love that style, except, for some strange reason, I always have trouble figuring out how to make it work!


Next up we've got this layout: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun. I made this page for an album I'm making about myself... starting at the very beginning, as a baby, and working towards the present. Now I have to tell you, I have many, many styles. It doesn't really matter what kind of style it is, I guess, as long as it's "cute." As you can see in this layout, I've made it a very bright, fun type of layout instead of a grungy, shabby chic kind of page. But I like them both. In fact, my very favorite layouts are either bright and bold or shabby chic... or my own style, which is a little bit of both!


Here's another page that I wanted to share. It's titled "Love Your Smile" and it is a sort of tone on tone type of layout. As you can see, most of the elements are pink, with several of the elements being yellow. These yellow elements form a type of visual triangle which helps to grab your eye's attention and helps to keep it. The colors were drawn straight from the photograph.


This page is titled very simply... just my brother's name: Brandon. Another of the fancy, distressed layouts that I simply adore! I tried really hard to make this a really masculine page... the browns and reds, the metal accents, the white paint... and I really feel like I pulled it off! The bright orange sweatshirt that he's wearing in the photograph doesn't help anything, but I think the reds really toned it down. Also the journaling is a poem and the title is stamped in red paint.


The last one... a page of my brother Owen's birthday party! My dad has been experimenting a lot lately with making cakes... he made one for Christmas, my birthday, Owen's birthday, my little sister Sage's birthday... he even made a Dharma cake for the grand finale of Lost this year! Well, getting back to the initial subject, he made Owen a Wii remote cake! This page includes a picture of the cake itself, Owen's expression when he saw it (he cracked up!) and a couple pictures of him blowing out the candles. It was a day that we will never forget!!

I sure hope that you enjoyed my little gallery showing of some more recent layouts and going on to another subject altogether, if you enjoy beading, I've started an article series on the basics of beading. The first article is located here: http://ezinearticles.com/?Beaded-Jewelry-101---Designing-Your-Own-Jewelry---Line-and-Shape&id=4539916 I hope you visit and have a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment