Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Project Modern

So I've been designing my quilt for Project Modern. I don't have anything actually sewn yet - I still have to get the fabric, but I do have it all sketched out in my notebook. I pulled all of my inspiration from bottle of body was - you know; the kind that you use in the shower. My quilt is going to be light pink fading into a dark red with orange in between. It then has HUGE black outlines of flowers all over the quilt, mixed in with a couple of smaller filled in flower shapes. I really like the way that it looks. Another thing that I was considering was using chocolate brown as a border - just a thin one to pull off the scrappy look. I think that I'll hand quilt it with diagonal lines - very simple in both directions...

No comments:

Post a Comment